HOMETOWN: Los Angeles, CA
BEST KNOWN FOR: Tap
Sarah Reich is an influential performer, choreographer and instructor in the tap dance scene. She is known for being one of the most well-rounded tap dancers in the business.
- Has latin heritage and speaks spanish. Her mother is Mexican and her father is Hungarian.
- At the young age of 15, was featured in Dance Spirit Magazine’s article, “20 Hot Tappers Under 20”.
- Performed, choreographed, and taught in over nine countries outside the United States including France, Spain, China, Brazil, Costa Rica, Argentina, Honduras, Canada, and Sweden.
- Was a guest performer at Madison Square Garden for the opening game of the NY Knicks 2013-2014 season.
- Has performed on FOX’s Hit Television Series, So You Think You Can Dance with Emmy-Award Winner Jason Samuels Smith’s tap company, Anybody Can Get It (ACGI).
- Sarah is a member of Chloe Arnold’s Syncopated Ladies (A Female Tap Band). I
- She is the Artistic Director of her own company, Tap Con Sabor.
- Trained with Cyd Glover, Paul & Arlene Kennedy, and Becky Twitchell studying technique, performance, musicality and improvisation, making Sarah one of the most well-rounded tap dancers in the business.
- Has performed at some of the most prestigious venues in Los Angeles such as The Hollywood Bowl, The Ford Amphitheatre, the Greek Theater with Mexican Pop-Star, Cristian Castro and the Kodak Theater with the great Herbie Hancock.
- Sarah produces a weekly class/tap jam for the Los Angeles tap community, Monday Night Tap Experience.
- Frequently performs with popular L.A. bands, Magnolia Memoir, Oskar Cartaya’s Latin Jazz Band and Dessy DiLauro.
Primary Source: SarahReich.com