HOMETOWN: San Francisco, California
BEST KNOWN FOR: Salsa
Junior and Emily Alabi are influential instructors and performers in the latin dance community.
- Junior and Emily are brother and sister. Emily was born in 1989, and Junior in 1985.
- Through their dancing they have traveled and toured through the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, and Africa.
- They are 8-time National and International Salsa Dance Champions and are the youngest solo internationally traveling couple.
- They have worked with celebrity music artists such as Marc Anthony, Jennifer Lopez, Jon Favreau, Sofia Vergara, Justin Timberlake, Jamie King, and Selena Gomez.
- Made a guest appearance on ‘Dancing With The Stars’ in Italy and have also done promotions for ‘Dancing With The Stars’ in the US.
- Competed on the hit TV show “America’s Got Talent” (2008) and made it to the finals in Las Vegas.
- Served as assistant choreographers on the hit TV show ‘ So You Think You Can Dance’ in Season 2.
- Choreographed for Disney’s popular TV show ‘Austin and Alley.’ They were also featured dancers on Disney’s ‘Shake it Up’, The Kris Jenner Show and ABC’s ‘Make it or Break it.’ Emily choreographed a national commercial for the “Got Milk” campaign.
- They are known for their fast, energetic, and exciting performances.
Click below to hear a podcast interview with Junior and Emily