HOMETOWN: Madrid, Spain
BEST KNOWN FOR: Bachata
Inaki Fernandez is an influential performer and instructor in the latin dance scene. He is primarily known for his bachata but also specializes in salsa, kizomba, Argentine tango, and cha cha. Had a major influence in the evolution of taking “Bachata Italian Style” and molding it to what is now called “Bachata Moderna”.
- Joined the the world-famous “Leon Rose Project” in 2004 and performed with them for 5 years.
- Taught at the prominent Latin Dance Academy in London established salsa heavyweights Susana Montero and Super Mario.
- Has taught and performed in many different cities in the USA, Europe, South America, Asia and the Middle East.
- Choreographed and performed in many pieces for the music industry and television shows such as the BBC program ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ in 2009.
- Inaki’s extensive dancing credits include the Thriller Live Musical in 2005, Maria Torres’ ‘Salsation 2008’ and ‘The Magic of Salsa 2009’ production at Salsa Kingdom.
- Produced bachata teaching DVD’s in which he taught with Susana Montero. They lead through the basics of timing, movement and footwork.
- Inaki joined forces with Frank Santos and Tony Lara who are also renowned bachata teachers. Together they have produced an instructional DVD “3 Bachateros” featuring a fusion of their individual styles.