HOMETOWN: Carolina, Puerto Rico
BEST KNOWN FOR: Salsa
Felipe Polanco is an influential performer and instructor in the latin dance scene.
- Began dancing salsa at age 14, and professionally by age 23. Is self-taught.
- Father was a salsa musician.
- He toured the USA and South America with the Papito Jala Jala dancers in the early 90s.
- Founded his own dance troupe, Felipe Polanco y sus Bailadores de Akí. The troupe danced at the first Puerto Rico salsa congress in 1997.
- Primary dance partners have included Sarah Chergui, and Denise Denaro.
- Has performed and taught all across the world including Japan, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, USA.