HOMETOWN – Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
BEST KNOWN FOR: Salsa, Mambo
Arlette Guerra is an influential performer and instructor in the latin dance community. She is Co-Director of the Zafire Dance Project along with Carlos Hernandez.
- Has been dancing salsa for over 10 years and has been internationally recognized for her talents and fierce passion on the dance floor.
- Moved to New York City as a little girl where she grew up dancing amongst her family and friends.
- At the age of 18 she took her first on2 salsa dance class with Osmar Perrones, the Director of Yamulee and former member of Santo Rico.
- Arlette and Victor Karisma, former Director of Santo Rico, decided to form Karisma Dance Company.
- For almost a decade, Arlette has travelled the world performing and teaching with Karisma Dance Company at events in Italy, Japan, Mexico, USA, etc.
- Arlette has also had the honor of performing for many renowned artists such as Gilberto Santa Rosa, Victor Manuelle, Grupo Niche, Oscar de Leon and others.
- Has performed in front of U.S. president, President Barack Obama.