HOMETOWN: Bayamo, Cuba
BEST KNOWN FOR: Salsa, Mambo, Bachata
- Interest in the art of dancing started at a age 4 years old, and latin dancing at 13.
- Started her professional dance training at the EIA (Escuela de Instructores de Arte, Cuba). She developed her skills in several different types of dances including ballet, contemporary, jazz, modern, flamenco, Cuban folklore and, of course, all Latin styles and Afro-Cuban as well as gymnastics. She graduated from EIA as a trained instructor.
- Moved to the USA at age 20.
- When in Miami, she partnered up with Nelson Gaston Vidarte. In 2004 they won the World Salsa Federation Championship in two different divisions.
- Has won several dance titles in competitions including; World Salsa Summit (2013), World Latin Dance Cup (2010, 2011), World Salsa Casino Style Championship (2004).
- Moved to Los Angeles at age 21. She has worked and partnered with many top professionals in Los Angeles such as Alex Da Silva, Cristian Oviedo, Rodrigo Guzman, Grizzly Hidriago, David Nieto, Jorge Contreras, Martin Galezz, Erick Calvillo and many others.
- Served as an assistant choreographer for the TV show “So You Think You Can Dance” (2005 to 2008).
- Has traveled around the world teaching and performing in Mexico, Canada, Argentina, El Salvador, Spain, Australia, Germany, Costa Rica, Colombia, Japan, Austria, Guatemala, Trinidad y Tobago, Lebanon, Jordan, China, Turkey, France, Nicaragua, Hawaii, South Africa, Ecuador, Morocco and many more.
- She is the director of Rumba Son y Mas and Tropidanza Dance Team.
Hear a podcast interview with Alien at our partner site!